Friday, August 13, 2010

Letters, letters, letters!


Isaac began watching the Letter Names and Letter Sounds DVD that comes with the Hooked on Phonics curriculum that was given to me! He loves it! I have a feeling the DVD will get on my last nerves though! ;) haha...I wanted to say that HOP has changed quite a bit from when I was young. In my education classes at OU, they always seemed to be down on the HOP curriculum, but I think it was because they didn't want us to soley use HOP. I like the readers in the set. It will be a good addition to all the other plans I have. I think it is good to keep instruction varied.

I keep educational toys around the house. Today, Isaac was playing with his foam bath letters on the floor. I encouraged him to put them in ABC order. Just another fun, different way to practice the alphabet.

Danielle's Place is a great educational website that I signed up for a while back. You can find alot of bible lessons on here, but you have to check to keep some of it scriptural. I found a unit on "Consider the Ant." The child studies the letter A while studying the verse in Proverbs. Great activities. I'm gonna try to do a unit on this for Isaac.

I let Isaac paint some letters. He enjoyed it so much, I was afraid he was gonna have to paint the whole alphabet!



No comments:

Post a Comment